The Grid+Storage consortium is glad to announce the publication of their draft research and innovation (R&I) roadmap 2016-2025,... Read more
Nine regional knowledge sharing workshops are being organised by the Grid+Storage project, each covering smart transmission and distribution grids, and integration of energy storage solutions.
The purpose is to foster networking and exchange of experiences between projects being carried out both at EU and national or regional levels.
These workshops are organised in collaboration with the ERA-Net Smart Grids Plus initiative.
WS2: Workshop 2 (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania)
The second Grid+Storage regional workshop will be held in Riga (Latvia) on 12 and 13 January 2016 with the support of the ERA-Net Smart Grid Plus initiative.
This second workshop, addressing Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, is a unique opportunity to interact with network operators and energy storage stakeholders about the scope and contents of the future Research and Innovation roadmap about energy storage integration in the future electricity networks.
All stakeholders involved in R&I activities about smart grids and energy storage integration in the power system are invited to attend this workshop. National R&I projects representatives will be invited to join a labelling process where the European added value of their activities will be identified jointly by the ERA-Net Smart Grid Plus and Grid+Storage teams.
Seven other regional workshops will be organized throughout Europe until March 2016, in order to share knowledge and agree about the future Research and Innovation activities needed for the next ten years.
Eight smart grids and energy storage projects from Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania will be presented:
- DSM Platform for Optimal Energy Management Strategies Development (Latvia)
- Energy Storage Application in Urban Electric Transport (Latvia)
- Smart Energy Management System with Energy Storages – Pilot System in Tallinn University of Technology (Estonia)
- The Development of a Li-Ion Energy Storage System for Electrical Microgrids (Estonia)
- Distributed storage in smart grid focusing on distribution storage planning and management models and practices (Lithuania)
- Smart Electric Thermal Storage-RealValue Project in Latvia (Latvia)
- Large-Scale Electrical Energy Storage Potential in the Baltic States (Latvia)
- Estfeed data sharing platform as facilitator of demand-side related services (Estonia)
Four interactive sessions will be held to discuss with the audience and with ENTSO-E, EDSO and EASE representatives about the lessons learnt by the projects presented and the future research and innovation topics to better integrate energy storage into the power system.
Registration is free but mandatory. Limited number of seats: registrations based on first-come-first-served.
AGENDA OF THE WORKSHOP
Outcomes of the workshop: