This workshop, addressing Ireland and UK and held in London (England) on the 15th of March 2016, was a unique opportunity to... Read more
Nine regional knowledge sharing workshops are being organised by the Grid+Storage project, each covering smart transmission and distribution grids, and integration of energy storage solutions.
The purpose is to foster networking and exchange of experiences between projects being carried out both at EU and national or regional levels.
These workshops are organised in collaboration with the ERA-Net Smart Grids Plus initiative.
WS1: Workshop 1 (Belgium, France, The Netherlands)
The first Grid+Storage regional workshop will be held in Lille (France) on 25 and 26 November 2015 with the support of the ERA-Net Smart Grid Plus initiative.
This first workshop, addressing Belgium, France and The Netherlands, is a unique opportunity to interact with network operators and energy storage stakeholders about the scope and contents of the future Research and Innovation roadmap about energy storage integration in the future electricity networks.
All stakeholders involved in R&I activities about smart grids and energy storage integration in the power system are invited to attend this workshop. National R&I projects representatives will be invited to join a labelling process where the European added value of their activities will be identified jointly by the ERA-Net Smart Grid Plus and Grid+Storage teams.
Eight other regional workshops will be organized throughout Europe until April 2016, in order to share knowledge and agree about the future Research and Innovation activities needed for the next ten years.
Six smart grids and energy storage projects from Belgium, France and The Netherlands will be presented:
- The LINEAR project addressing energy flexibility by consumers (Belgium);
- Second life battery application at the Pampus Island (The Netherlands);
- The Smart Substation Project, dealing with ways and means to improve system flexibility and enhance storage integration into the power system (France)
- The GREDOR project proposing redesigns of the decision chain for managing distribution networks (Belgium)
- The VENTEEA project testing Li-ion battery integration (France);
- The 10MW Li-ion plant in Zeeland (The Netherlands).
Registration is free but mandatory. Limited number of seats: registrations based on first-come-first-served.
> AGENDA OF THE WORKSHOP
Outcomes of the workshop: